Friday, February 26, 2010

Getting Easier

I have been exercising on and off for about 2 months now. I don't make it a big deal, because I think I will get discouraged and not do it as much if it is a "Big Deal". I don't even tell myself that I am trying to lose weight. That might cause me issues too. I just try and exercise when my life allows. When life doesn't allow, that is OK, not the end of the world because me exercising is a big deal. I can tell that there is a small indention in the rectangle that is my body where a waist used to be. That indentation is good! No, I don't have six pack abs yet, but considering I haven't seen my waist since I had kids, we are making progress.
I try to exercise 3-4 times a week. That is pretty doable for me at this time in my life. I have a child that attends mother's day out 2 days a week and since they are not in my town, but about a 20-30 min drive away I use that time to run errands. Those days we get home with about 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours for my son to take a nap before we have to leave to pick up my daughter. By the time we return home about 3:45, do snack, look over papers, etc. it is time to start dinner. On Wednesdays, I don't cook, but we have church and have to leave at 6:30 and don't get home till 8:15 pm. I am not a fan of doing the hair and makeup twice in a day, so I don't like to get sweaty and know I have to go somewhere else that day. So I don't ever exercise on Wednesdays. I usually don't exercise on Tuesdays either, but I did this week. There are always 2 or 3 other days that end up full and I don't exercise those days either. Which is OK, not a big deal.
I can tell I am in better shape. I no longer feel as if I am really going to die when I do Jillian Michael's evil Shred level 1. I made the mistake of trying to go to level 2 once before...I haven't made that mistake again. Let's just say you need to be a level 1 MASTER before moving up to level 2. At least if you want to be able to breathe at all during the video and be able to walk afterward.
I also do the elliptical machine my husband bought for me a couple of years ago. The days I do that I also try to do the Bowflex or yesterday I did the pilates tape. I really need to get this "pooch" under control. I try to beat my best distance on the elliptical every time, although I didn't yesterday. I slow down when I need to and that is OK. I am the type of person if it is too hard or I have to devote too much time to it, I will probably quit. i need to do some more work with the exercise ball on my abs. I also need to figure out some good exercises for my thighs. Not a pretty sight!
But the point is...I am doing it. Not just thinking about exercising. Not just talking about it. Not just feeling guilty about Not exercising, actually doing it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment